If you need assistance accessing something on our website, please let us know through our contact form.
The Tokenist is committed to accessibility. Our policy ensures everyone — to include persons with disabilities — has full and equal access to our digital offerings.
We strive to satisfy the accessibility standards outlined in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 as well as PDF/Universal Accessibility per the International Organization for Standardization — in order to ensure our digital offerings are ADA compliant.
The following are just a few of the many ways in which The Tokenist remains accessible and meets the accessibility standards outlined above:
- Every meaningful image on our website features descriptive alt text
- Our website features a consistent and predictable layout and interface throughout the entire domain
- All PDFs hosted on our website meet the minimum PDF/Universal Accessibility criteria
- All text to background color contrast meets at least a 4.5:1 ratio
- Our website can be navigated by keyboard only, without a mouse
- A form of text transcript is available for all video and audio on our site
To ensure we continually adhere to all remediation measures, we periodically review our website to ensure the best known practices for accessibility are always implemented.
We take the following steps to make sure The Tokenist remains accessible:
- Our web accessibility coordinator monitors our digital operations to ensure everything remains accessible
- This coordinator reviews our website to assess its accessibility on a bi-annual basis
- We encourage all users to provide feedback on their accessibility experience, as we are constantly seeking ways to improve
Through our commitment to accessibility, we believe we not only satisfy — but exceed — the digital accessibility standards as required by Title I, II, & III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 & 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
The Tokenist continuously seeks ways to improve accessibility. If you have feedback or suggestions, we would love to hear from you. You can reach us through our contact form.
For more information the effort to make websites more accessible everywhere, please see the following resources: